Monday, July 16, 2007

lessons of life

I feared being aloneuntil I learned to likemyself.
I feared failureuntil I realized that I onlyfail when I don't try.
I feared successuntil I realizedthat I had to tryin order to be happywith myself.
I feared people's opinionsuntil I learned thatpeople would have opinionsabout me anyway.
I feared rejectionuntil I learned to have faith in myself.
I feared painuntil I learned thatit's necessaryfor growth.
I feared the truthuntil I saw the ugliness in lies.
I feared lifeuntil I experiencedits beauty.
I feared deathuntil I realized that it'snot an end, but a beginning.
I feared my destiny,until I realized thatI had the power to changemy life.
I feared hateuntil I saw that itwas
nothing more thanignorance.
I feared loveuntil it touched my heart,making the darkness fadeinto endless sunny days.
I feared ridiculeuntil I learned howto laugh at myself.
I feared growing olduntil I realized thatI gained wisdom every day.
I feared the futureuntil I realized thatlife just kept gettingbetter.
I feared the pastuntil I realized thatit could no longer hurt me.
I feared the darkuntil I saw the beautyof the starlight.
I feared the lightuntil I learned that the truth would give me strength.
I feared change,until I saw thateven the most beautiful butterflyhad to undergo a metamorphosis before it could fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home